Coed-y-Brenin Visitor Centre, Dolgefeiliau, Ganllwyd, Dolgellau, LL40 2HZ.
START & FINISH LINE – Coed-y-Brenin
Coed-y-Brenin Visitor Centre
Friday 24th June 2022.
5.00pm – 9.00pm – Registration & Race No. Collection.
Saturday 25th June 2022 – Race Day
4.15am – 5.45am – Registration, Race No. Collection & GB Race Tracker Collection.
6.00am – Race Start.
Mandatory Kit List
The Mandatory Kit stipulated in this section must be carried at all times during Ultra Wales as it is the duty of the participant to be self-sufficient throughout the event. The Checkpoints merely support your progress.
- Hardcopy Map – Harvey Maps XT40 or similar (both Central and South Snowdonia) or Ordnance Survey Explorer OL18 & OL23
- Waterproof coat with sealed seams (Gore-Tex or similar) – minimum 10,000mm
- Base plate Compass
- Long Sleeved Base layer (kept in a drybag separate from starting kit)
- Water bottle or bladder – min 1 litre capacity
- Fully charged mobile phone
- Survival/Foil Blanket
- Primary light – Headtorch
- Secondary light (not mobile phone)
- GPS Tracker (Provided by GB Race Tracker Prior to the Race)
Checkpoints and Cut-Offs
Checkpoint 1: 10 Miles SH73010 17915 Dolgellau – Cut off 10am
Checkpoint 2: 16 Miles SH73147 11590 Minffordd Car Park, Minffordd Path, Llanfihangel-y-Pennant – Cut off 12.24pm
Checkpoint 3: 22 Miles SH69804 15278 Ty Nant, Pony Path, Arthog, Gwynedd, LL40 1TN – Cut off 2.48pm
Checkpoint 4: 30 Miles SH61313 15732 Dragon Threatre, Jubilee Road, Barmouth, Gwynedd, LL42 1LR – Cut off 6pm
Checkpoint 5: 39 Miles SH62939 23830 Pont Scethin, Dyffryn Ardudwy, Gwynedd, LL45 2PL – Cut off 9.36pm
Checkpoint 6: 45 Miles SH68396 30189 Graigddu Ganol, Trawsfynydd, Gwynedd, LL40 2LB – Cut off Sunday 12am
50 Mile Finish: SH72335 26866 Coed-y-Brenin Visitor Centre – Cut off Sunday 2am